The registration and enrollment process is as follows:
1. Fill out and submit a Student Application, and Registration Form, accompanied by the registration fee. Please also include copies of your child’s most recent school records, including report cards, transcripts, and/or test results. Feel free to include any additional information you think is pertinent. We will contact your child’s prior school as a reference.
2. Upon receipt of this information, you will be contacted to schedule a parent/student interview and a placement test. The student and at least one parent or guardian must be in attendance.
3. After the completion of steps 1 and 2, we will review and pray over all the information. We will contact you within one week regarding the placement test results, interview, and our determination of acceptance or denial. In the event your child is not accepted, the registration fee is fully refundable.
4. You may choose your payment schedule, ranging from a 12-month, 11-month, 10-month or one-time annual payment plan. We offer multi-child and early payment discounts. Payments can be made by cash, check, or credit card.
5. Enrollment is complete once all of the above have occurred. Additional forms will be sent out to all families and will need to be completed and returned by August 1, 2009. The following items will also be required by August 1, 2009, prior to the beginning of the school year (or upon enrollment for students entering after the beginning of the school year):
A. Florida Certificate of Immunization (blue form); exemptions accepted if on blue form
B. Student Health Exam Form (completed no more than 1 year prior to the student’s first day at OCS)
C. A copy of the student’s birth certificate
6. OCS accepts the Step Up for Students (Corporate Tax Credit) Scholarship. Any remaining balance is the responsibility of the family; payment accommodations can be made when necessary over the course of the school year.
7. OCS accepts students under the McKay Scholarship under certain circumstances. Students must be able to work on grade level. Any remaining balance is the responsibility of the family; payment accommodations can be made when necessary over the course of the school year.
In order to successfully deliver a sound Christian, college-preparatory education in a unique peaceful learning environment, we are not able to meet the needs of students who exhibit any of the following:
1. Expulsion from any prior school.
2. Inappropriate behavior of any kind, including profanity, name-calling, use of insults or disrespect for other students and/or staff.
3. A history of aggression, violence, or bullying, whether verbal or physical.
4. Drug or alcohol use.
5. Behavioral concerns that could be a disruption to the learning environment.
Depending on availability, we do, at times, offer need-based scholarships.
Please contact the school office with questions regarding any of our admissions
Odessa Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin or ethnic origin.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” Mark 12:30